pymovies_3D so far only supports the ICES HAC Standard Data Exchange Format. It can handle data produced by multifrequency, broadband and multibeam active sonars and echosounders.
This page shows how to convert Simrad .raw data format into HAC format.
A broadband .hac example dataset can also be downloaded here.
pymovies_3D functions are available to perform the following tasks:
- Echo-integration of multifrequency, broadband and multibeam echosounders data.
- Acoustic school extraction from 2D and 3D narrowband data.
- Target Strength detection on 2D and 3D narrowband and broadband data.
- Spectral analysis of broadband data.
- Seabed detection.
- In situ noise level real time display.
If you want to contribute to the project, please refer to the contributing section.
This project is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0.
Check your results carefully, and report any bug/problems. Comments, complaints or praises can be directed at/to laurent.berger[at]ifremer.fr
Useful links :
- Movies3D official download page
- The Fisheries Acoustics Science and Technology working group of the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea