Laloxy: implementation and benchmarks
The laloxy script has been written. For the moment, it is a standalone program completely independent from pyat, and does not yet implement all expected features.
- copy a csv file, with latitude and longitude coordinates being changed to another format.
- supported formats: DD, DMS, DDM.
- 3 csv-handling methods: stdlib (O(1) memory complexity), pandas, and pandas with chunks.
- CLI and API for both csv-handling and coordinates formatting.
- auto-detection of input coordinates format and type.
- unit tests on the converters to ensure a working implementation.
Features that still needs to be implemented:
handling of meters as a new coordinate format (
%Ytemplate markers ?)
- test the format auto-detection on more «organic» data.
- integration to pyat (as external module ? or internal script ?).
- benchmarks of the 3 methods.
- black, mypy, pylint.
- maybe store the internal model of DD as string instead of float may enable for less conversions in computations ?