Orpheus: Comparison of elevation data
Given: an mbg/xsf file (variant data), a geotiff file (reference).
Compute: elevation difference and subsequent metrics between the reference and the variant data.
Produce: matplotlib graphics showing those metrics.
- metrics to compute ?
- how to show them efficiently ?
- is there any test dataset ?
- how to react to different spatial resolution in input files ?
- extract elevation data from input files (see mbg->dtm for elevation extraction)
- detect overlapping space, i.e. coordinates at which both input files specify an elevation value.
- compute basic metrics (mean, stdev) of difference between the two elevation over the overlapping space.
- plot them on a 3D repr of the overlapping space.
- handle netdf4 format for the second (ref) file.
- produce a report in asciidoctor containing the output images.